Alexander Woods (April 7, 2000 – December 22, 2022), best known as Big Scarr, was a Memphis, Tennessee-based rapper signed to Gucci Mane's 1017 Records. His most well-known song was "SoIcyBoyz," which featured Pooh Shiesty, Foogiano, and Tay Keith. On April 16, 2021, he released his debut mixtape, Big Grim Reaper. The album reached number 25 on the Billboard 200.
Early life :
- Big Scarr did not enjoy rap music at first but became interested after meeting fellow artist and friend Baby K. In 2019, he uploaded "Make a Play," which earned 50,000 views on the video-sharing site YouTube and attracted the attention of YouTuber Tommy Craze during a response video.
- He remembers spending $20 on his debut song and $200 on the music video. In 2020, he signed with American rapper Gucci Mane's record label 1017 Records, which is distributed by Atlantic Records. He rose to notoriety in 2021 with the release of his single "SoIcyBoyz," which featured his cousin Pooh Shiesty and American rapper Foogiano. He has also published "SoIcyBoyz 2" and "SoIcyBoyz 3" in the series.
- The second and third installments include a feature from producer Tay Keith, whilst the third installment features Gucci Mane.
- Big Grim Reaper, Big Scarr's debut mixtape, was released on April 16, 2021, and peaked at number 25 on the Billboard 200, selling 22,000 copies in its first week. This resulted in Big Scarr's first charting project. Gucci Mane, Pooh Shiesty, Foogiano, Tay Keith, Enchanting, and Baby K all made cameos on the mixtape.
- In February 2022, he released Big Grim Reaper: The Return, a deluxe edition of his mixtape Big Grim Reaper featuring artists Offset, Gucci Mane, and Queez Ruthless.
- He was chosen as a member of the 2022 XXL Freshman class in June 2022 and performed his freestyle in a cypher alongside rappers Nardo Wick, KenTheMan, and Big30. He was confirmed as a special guest on American rapper Key Glock's Glockoma Tour in December 2022.