Jordan Terrell Carter, better known by his stage name Playboi Carti, is a hip-hop singer, rapper, and model from the United States. Carti used it to suffer a lot as a child growing up in a financially disadvantaged family.
Even today, his music and lifestyle reflect his early life struggles. Carti started his career with the stage name Sir Cartier. He chose to alter his musical approach in 2012 and removed practically all of his old stuff from the internet.
He even changed his stage name to Playboi Carti. He signed to the underground Atlanta label 'Awful Records' before moving on to ASAP Rocky's 'AWGE'.
Carti, who is currently signed to the major record label 'Interscope', an imprint of Interscope Geffen A&M Records, released his mixtape 'Playboi Carti' in 2017, which peaked at number 12 on the US Billboard 200.
- Carti acquired the identity 'Sir Cartier' as a young kid and began sharing his music on the internet. In 2012, he recognized he wanted to take a step ahead and signed with rapper Father's underground music company 'Awful Records'. Around this time, he began using the stage name 'Playboi Carti' and removed his earlier works off the internet.
- Carti collaborated with two American rappers, Da$h and Maxo Kream, to release two hit singles, 'Broke Boi' and 'Fetti,' on 'Soundcloud'. The singles got him a lot of attention from the youthful audience on the web market. In 2016, he split with Father and signed with A$AP Mob's label 'AWGE,' and was instantly featured in the smash track 'Telephone Calls' off 'Cozy Tapes Vol. 1: Friends,' A$AP Mob's debut studio album.
- Carti released his self-titled first mixtape in April 2017, debuting at number 12 on the Billboard 200. The mixtape featured two hit singles, 'Magnolia' and 'Woke Up Like This' (featuring Lil Uzi Vert), which charted at number 29 and 76 on the Billboard Hot 100, respectively.
- He was included on A$AP Mob's second studio album, 'Cozy Tapes Vol. 2: Too Cozy,' which peaked at number six on the US Billboard 200 and number four on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard). He was also featured on Lana Del Rey's smash tune 'Summer Bummer,' which reached at number two on the New Zealand Heatseekers chart and number 23 on Billboard's US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles.
- Playboi Carti, who is known for his particular style and sense of fashion, has also done some modeling work. He has been recognized by GQ for being the "leader of a youth style". Carti's personality and appearance speak volumes about his grooming, which is mirrored in his stage persona. He favors brands such as Balmain and RAF Simons. He looks up to Kanye West for fashion inspiration.
Personal Life :
Jordan Terrell Carter, better known as Playboi Carti, was born on September 13, 1996, in Atlanta, Georgia. He attended North Springs Charter High School in Sandy Springs, where he frequently skipped classes to work at H&M and practice with his music group.
Carti was arrested in 2017 on suspicion of domestic violence after an incident with his then-girlfriend. He allegedly pulled his girlfriend from the Los Angeles International Airport terminal by her backpack. However, the accusations were withdrawn two months later.