Nicholas Lirim Lorenzo, better known as Tony Newbury. His popular name was inspired by his uncle who passed away when he was 11. Tony was like a big brother to Tony Newbury, and for him, using his name is an honor for his legacy.
Tony Newbury is a recording artist from Howell, New Jersey. He is now making a name for himself in the Jersey Hip-hop scene. During just three years, he has built an entire record and his own headlining concert, demonstrating his passion for his work. His flow and use of samples have distinguished him from today's basic drill or hard-style rappers.
This is just a part of who he is; he seeks to entertain others while also assisting them in making sense of the strange world we live in. Tony thinks that by composing music out of his struggles, he may help others through theirs.
Tony started his career by making music for his friends in his basement. Later he found an internship in Bayville, NJ which taught him a lot about people and music in general.
Tony started to take his own music seriously and put more effort into his craft during the quarantine.
Among his released albums:
- January 1st, 2019 - Misunderstood.
- July 5th, 2019 - Lonely in the Summer
- June 12th, 2020 - Suburban Rap Music
- July 17th, 2020 - Nothing New
- April 20th, 2021 - Moving On EP
- July 21st 2021 - SRM2 EP
- October 15th, 2021 - Westwood
- July 21st, 2022 - Over 21 EP
Now Tony Newbury is launching another new album called "Over 21" Which will be released on December 15th.
WhatsOnRap had the ability to pursue an exclusive interview with artist Tony Newbury, who announced the release date of his new album "Over 21."
We asked the artist about his thoughts, career, album inspiration, and many other topics throughout the interview.
- How did you inspire the idea of your new album?
- How would you describe the music you create?
- How would you describe your new album?
- What is the one message you would give to your fans?
- How is this album different from other albums?
- Where have you performed? Do you have any upcoming shows?
- How long did this album take to make from start to finish?
- What are your favorite songs and lyrical highlights from your new album and why?
- What inspired the title and what does it mean to you?
- How do you put words to the paper?
- If you could perform anywhere in the world, where would it be ?
- What makes you different from the other rappers in the industry?
- Who are your biggest music influences?
- If you could collaborate with any artist, who would it be and why?
Pre-save Tony Newbury's album in the link below: https://distrokid.com/