Taurus Tremani Bartlett, best known by his stage name "Polo G," is a rapper and composer from the United States. He is best known for his song "Pop Out." The ace rapper from Chicago, Illinois, sometimes known as "Mr. Capalot" or "Polo Capalot," rose to prominence after uploading music on 'YouTube.'
He first released songs like 'The Come Up' and 'Never Cared,' and made his SoundCloud debut with the mixtape 'OFFICIAL POLO.G SOUND CLOUD.' His first hit track was 'Gang With Me,' which was followed by another success, 'Finer Things.' He authored the latter while incarcerated.
It was his breakout track, with millions of views on 'YouTube,' catapulting him into the spotlight. Major record labels soon became interested in him. Finally, the rapper obtained a distribution agreement with 'Columbia Records and released 'Pop Out,' which included Lil Tjay.
The song received millions of views on YouTube and peaked at number 22 on the Billboard Hot 100, making it the rapper's first charting single. Polo G rose to prominence as a 'YouTube sensation, as well as on other social media platforms such as 'Instagram' and 'Twitter.'
Childhood & Early Life :
Polo G was born Taurus Tremani Bartlett in Old Town, Chicago, Illinois, on January 6, 1999. There isn't much information about his family, save that he and his elder and younger brothers, as well as his younger sister, were reared by his parents in the Old Town neighborhood of northern Chicago.
According to accounts, Polo G had to say goodbye to several of his relatives and friends. Growing up, he was also engaged in narcotics, car theft, and high-speed automobile chases, for which he was arrested more than five times. Polo G was incarcerated in Chicago correctional institutions multiple times as a result of this.
According to 'Chicago Police Department records, the rapper was arrested on October 25, 2017, and his rap sheet states that he was arrested for possessing between 10 and 30 grams of cannabis as well as criminal trespassing. Polo G was also arrested on 3942 W Roosevelt Road on another occasion. On December 14, 2017, the incident occurred. The next day, he was freed on a $1,500 bail. He had to spend time at the 'Cook County Department of Corrections in both cases.
According to the rapper's interview with 'VLAD,' he was jailed in March 2018, barely 5 months before signing with 'Columbia Records.' This arrest, however, was not recorded. Polo G finds consolation in music while dealing with personal issues.
- 'ODA' was Polo G's first recorded track. In an interview with 'rolling out,' he described the experience as exhilarating. He began releasing tunes on 'YouTube' in 2017 and steadily gained popularity. He then released other singles, including 'Never Cared' and 'The Come Up.'
- On May 23, 2018, the rapper's official 'YouTube channel was created. He made his 'SoundCloud debut the same month, with the mixtape named 'OFFICIAL POLO.G SOUND CLOUD.' He posted ten tracks to his 'SoundCloud' profile
- 'Gang With Me' was his first chart-topping single (2018). It has been listened to over 3.28 million times on 'Soundcloud.' In jail, he wrote his next hit, 'Finer Things.' The song, which was also published in 2018, was motivating and catchy, propelling his stardom to new heights. As a result, he established himself as one of the music industry's most promising rappers. The video for the song, which was posted on his 'YouTube channel on August 25, 2018, has received over 54 million views.
- Polo G received offers from big record companies as a result of the popularity of 'Finer Things.' To maintain his independence, he eventually signed a distribution deal with 'Columbia Records.' He released the song 'Pop Out' through Columbia Records on February 1, 2019. 'Billboard' magazine called the song, which featured American rapper and songwriter Lil Tjay, a "hard-nosed anthem." It debuted at number 95 on the 'US Billboard Hot 100' list, becoming Polo G's first charting single. It eventually reached number 22 on the charts. The music video for the song, which was posted earlier on his 'YouTube account on January 13, 2019, became an instant smash, with over 78 million views.
- In the meantime, Polo G's 'Battle Cry' (2019) has accumulated over 27 million views since its music video was posted on 'YouTube' on January 28, 2019. Other popular music videos of the artist that amassed millions of views on ‘YouTube’ are ‘Polo G - Hollywood (Official Video) Ryan Lynch and ‘Polo G - Deep Wounds Official Video By Ryan Lynch.’ 'Polo G - Hollywood (Official Video) Ryan Lynch' and 'Polo G - Deep Wounds Official Video By Ryan Lynch' are two more notable music videos by the artist that have garnered millions of views on 'YouTube.'
- Polo G's 'YouTube channel has now amassed over 692 thousand followers and over 212 million views. He has also achieved popularity on other social media sites. His 'Instagram account, 'polo.capalot,' has over one million followers, while his 'Twitter account, 'polo capalot,' founded in September 2016, has over 32 thousand followers.
- Polo G's music was once known for its Chicago-style rap sound, which emphasized fast verse delivery. Recently, the rapper has released more melodic tracks. 'Die a Legend,' his debut studio album, was released on June 7, 2019.
- Polo G and Cardi B recently performed as opening performers at WGCI's 'Big Jam' in Chicago. Polo G also has his own apparel brand, 'Polo. G Capalot.'
Family & Personal Life :
Polo G is in a love relationship with Crystal Blease. According to rumors, the two are already engaged. Crystal has been mentioned in numerous posts on Polo G's Instagram and Twitter accounts, where she is frequently referred to as "Mrs. Calpalot." In February 2019, Polo G also released a song. The song was called 'Ms. Capalot,' and it was dedicated to his lady love.