King Coopa (A.K.A BiggBumpDown) was born in Rochester, NY on July 2nd, 1995. He moved to Memphis, TN at 3 yrs old, where he was raised in East Memphis, Parkway Village.
He always had music in his life while playing instruments at a young age in his community, but didn’t start rapping until the end of 2017. In 2019, he signed himself through United Masters, started recording in the studio, and started taking his rap career more seriously. What led to this in his own words he
Stated: “Music is pretty much my outlet & venting method, and although I’ll ride or drive almost anything that goes fast to get steam off too, I think music is the most peaceful way I release.”
This was even more true in early 2020 when he lost 4 very important people in his life in the span of a month. He described how it affected him while channeling his focus on his career: “I shot my shot at every net I seen hanging afterwards.”
After taking a year off of releasing music to focus on his sound, traveling, and developing himself as an artist, King Coopa most recently signed to CMG artist Big Boogie’s new label “RedRumTheLabel” at the top of 2023.
With new music on the way, King Coopa is gearing up to take all his supporters with him through his new journey to make his mark in the rap game and beyond.
WhatsOnRap was lucky enough to reach the rapper King Coopa in order to have an exclusive interview, where he expressed himself and open up about many aspects around his life and career. See the full interview below:
- How long has music been a part of your life?
- If it wasn’t for music, where would you be now?
- In which way do you aim to make a difference?
- Who is your fashion icon, and why?
- Where is your career heading?
- How would you describe your style of music?
- How do you put words to paper?
- If you could perform anywhere in the world where would it be ?
- What makes you different from the other rappers in the industry?
- Who is your biggest music influences?
- If you could collaborate with any artist who would it be and why?
- Do you have any kooky habits we should know about?
- Who inspires you the most?
- How do you plan to breakthrough, and where do you think the future of the music industry lies?