André 3000 Has Announced His Long-Awaited Solo Album
The iconic legend, André 3000, has sent waves through the music world by unveiling his long-awaited solo album, "New Blue Sun." Breaking his social media silence on Tuesday (November 14), André surprised fans with the news that the project is set to release on Friday (November 17).
While this marks André 3000's first official solo album, fans may recall his solo material featured on OutKast's Grammy-winning 2003 double album, "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below." "New Blue Sun" is a significant release for the Atlanta native, serving as his first full-length solo offering since the 2006 LP "Idlewild," a collaborative effort with Big Boi.
Unlike his previous works, "New Blue Sun" doesn't feature any vocals from André 3000, emphasizing a departure from conventional expectations. The album boasts instrumental contributions from jazz luminaries such as Carlos Niño, Surya Botofasina, and Nate Mercereau, eschewing the inclusion of guest appearances from fellow hip-hop heavyweights.
The eight-track album intrigues with its enigmatic song titles, notably "I Swear, I Really Wanted To Make A 'Rap' Album But This Is Literally The Way The Wind Blew Me This Time."
As for the album's title, André elucidates, “New Blue Sun, for me, was like, I guess in a sci-fi way, the next world or the next beings will be under a bluer, cooler burning sun. It will burn cooler, but it will be larger. So when you look up at the sky in these times, there’ll be this larger globe of bluish, still bright but bluish because it’s cooler. It’s kind of like this whole album and this whole direction is a new world for me. New Blue Sun is like a new direction.”
The excitement continues to build around "New Blue Sun," offering fans a unique and unexpected auditory experience from one of hip-hop's most revered figures. Stay tuned for the unveiling of André 3000's latest musical venture, promising a departure from the norm and a journey into uncharted musical territories.
Check Out The Tracklist For 'New Blue Sun' Below:
1. I swear, I Really Wanted To Make A “Rap” Album But This Is Literally The Way The Wind Blew Me This Time
2. The Slang Word P(*)ssy Rolls Off The Tongue With Far Better Ease Than The Proper Word Vagina . Do You Agree?
3. That Night In Hawaii When I Turned Into A Panther And Started Making These Low Register Purring Tones That I Couldn’t Control … Sh¥t Was Wild
4. BuyPoloDisorder’s Daughter Wears A 3000™ Button Down Embroidered
5. Ninety Three ‘Til Infinity And Beyoncé
6. Ghandi, Dalai Lama, Your Lord & Savior J.C. / Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, And John Wayne Gacy
7. Ants To You, Gods To Who ?
8. Dreams Once Buried Beneath The Dungeon Floor Slowly Sprout Into Undying Gardens